Luxury Prefab House Cost Might Surprise You
Luxury Prefab Housing might sound like an oxymoron to some, as perceptions of prefabricated houses lean towards cookie cutter designs, low-end finishings, and horrible resale values. But the truth is, prefab has been totally reinvented and now sets construction standards for some of the world’s most impressive and expensive homes, but luxury prefab house cost still might surprise you.
Our go-to standard is light steel frame prefab, as light steel construction can fulfil any architect’s vision, it’s easy to ship and assemble on site, and allows for the interior and exterior finishing to be prepped in the factory.
China is the Standard
Most of you who have built a prefab house used a local manufacture, and there were good reasons to work with a local manufacture in the past. However, advances in global economics, build technology and logistic services have made most of the arguments for using a local manufacture obsolete. A China-based manufacture can craft a luxury home that exceed local building standards, manage international shipping logistics, and come in far under the cost of a local manufacture.
This luxury villa was manufactured in China and built in Australia. The home boasts 5 bedrooms, 5 bathrooms, a gym, wine cellar, and 5 car basement garage. The home can resist typhoons and earthquakes, with Australian SAA certification for water and electricity materials, and Australia AWA certification standard for glass doors and windows.
Luxury Prefab Project Details:
- Prefab Structure Cost: $650 usd per finished square meter / $60 per square foot
- Shipping: 9 containers @ $1,300 usd per = $11,700 usd – shipping rate checker
- Size: 550 square meters / 5920 square feet
- Manufacture Period: 60 days
- Total Construction Period: 100 days
- Manufactured: Shanghai, China
- Final Location: Melbourne, Australia
- Developer: NA
- Design: Owners supplied architectural designs
- Structure Spects: Light steel Q345, G550; coated by galvanization Z275 and galvanized zinc AZ150
- Features: typhoon-proof, anti-seismic, water and electricity material certified by SAA Australia, glass window certified by AWA of Australia.
- Completed: November 2015
This luxury prefab house was constructed and decorated in Australia over a two weeks period by temporary Chinese immigrant workers at a total cost for labor at $22,112 USD, which has been factored into the final per sqm total cost of $650 usd.